"Presumably Identical" to Ponsot: Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin 2017 & 2018 at Only HK$2,100/Bt

With its origin dating back to 1928 when the Mercier family established itself in Gevrey-Chambertin, Domaine de Chezeaux owns nearly 60% of Griotte-Chambertin - the largest owner - and also Clos St-Denis, Chambertin as well as some parcels of Gevrey Premier Cru; however, the Domaine does not make any wines but instead the holdings are all farmed and produced by others, which is called a "en metayage" and those who "farm" the land are called the "metayers". The metayers are responsible for the farming, elevage, bottling and distribution and among the metayers are well-established names like Ponsot, Leclerc, and Berthaut. They take up over 60% of the crop as payment, and then the rest are produced under the Domaine des Chezeaux label. 


Domaine Ponsot has Le Chambertin, Clos St-Denis, Chambolle-Musigny Les Charmes 1er Cru and 57% of Griotte-Chambertin, in which Ponsot has been producing wine from this plot ever since 1982; and the rest of Griotte-Chambertin (43%) is leased to Domaine Rene Leclerc. The Gevrey 1er Cru and village vineyards are handled by Domaine Berthaut in Fixin. The gist of all this means that many of the wines from Domaine des Chezeaux are actually from the hands of Domaine Ponsot (or some from Domaine Rene Leclerc for Griotte-Chambertin), and yet the prices are relatively more affordable. Even wine writer Steen Ohman has said that -


"The Ponsot wines sold under the Domaine des Chezeaux label are normally quite a lot cheaper than the wines sold under the regular Ponsot label. This is a strange market imperfection as the wines presumably are identical."

Today we are pleased to offer a parcel of Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin 2017 and 2018 which will be arriving in stock about 2-3 weeks from now. The Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru from Ponsot is currently only available for vintages 2015 and prior as per wine-searcher so if you are keen to secure some Griotte-Chambertin of Ponsot standards, the 2017 and 2018 from Chezeaux are great buys with the price that can be offered especially when comparing with the prices of Ponsot -


Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru 2017

HK$2,200 per bottle

Special Offer: HK$2,100 per bottle (Valid until 27 October 2021)

ETA 2-3 weeks

93-96pts Jasper Morris


Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru 2018

HK$2,200 per bottle

Special Offer: HK$2,100 per bottle (Valid until 27 October 2021)

ETA 2-3 weeks

93-97pts Jasper Morris


Subject to final confirmation. 


Delivery is free-of-charge for single purchases above HK$3,000 or 6 bottles (or accumulated amount at time of delivery); otherwise, a standard delivery fee of HK$80 applies.

To order, email us at hello@burgundycave.com, call +852-3957-1080 or Whatsapp +852-6112-1779! Click HERE to Whatsapp us instantly!

If you would like to receive these offers in your mailbox, subscribe to us today: www.burgundycave.com/newsletter-subscription

Share this post

← Older Post Newer Post →

Leave a comment


Subscribe to our newsletters today!